Tuesday, July 24, 2012

And I'm back on the wagon

Whew, last week was a blurr of bad eating and lots of alcohol.  I started feeling absolutely miserable towards the end of the weekend. My body was so run down and my digestion was flaky.  I knew what I was eating was bad for me and I'm done with that again for a while as we started a new Healthy Wage competition.  We dropped 2 members and added 2 more members and so far we are all off to blazing start. Being part of a team helps keep me accountable I truly feel this is going to be the way I lose more weight.  That's not to say I don't want to lose for me because I do.  It just means people counting on me tends to make me work a little harder than I normally would for myself.

So, I've been going to Shelly's boot camp in addition to eating better.  I can tell a huge difference in my ability to do the exercises than I could 40lbs heavier ago. :)  I still have to modify ones that put too much strain on my shoulder but otherwise I can actually do about 99% of things.  So, my ortho was right when he told me I needed to lose around 40lbs to be able to do these things without impacting my shoulder or ankle.  It's nice to have muscle pain rather than joint pain these days....muscle pain is good pain.

My mom and I have continued canning and preserving stuff.  We've started doing beans and more pickles but on the horizon is soup!  The experience of doing this with her has been a treasure, I saw her do all this when I was a kid but I never was involved past just being her sous chef.  This time I'm learning all the recipes and tips/tricks.  I have plans to make my garden bigger next year too!  The joy of growing my own stuff is immeasurable.  Sadly all of this has truly kept me from keeping this blog as current as I would like it to be.  I'd love to be showing pictures and giving step by step instructions for stuff but I just cannot keep the pace with everything else and here too so me rambling will have to suffice for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment