Thursday, July 5, 2012

Pulled Pork.... Paleo Style!

So for the 4th I wanted to have something different besides the usual faire of burgers and dogs.  Somewhere along the weeks preceeding we decided on a pork shoulder and making BBQ.  I wanted to make this pork as paleo friendly as possible so I scoured the paleosphere until I found a recipe that appealed to my senses.  That's where I found this gem on reddit.com/r/paleo

Here's a few pics of pork in the crock and then the pork all pulled apart ready for consumption.


The noms had cannot be shown in pics alone it must be experienced.  Here are some things I will try differently next time.  It needs more chilies, I will add chipolte flakes, possibly some chipolte peppers rather than chilies.  I added some large onions and put them in the bottom of the crock, I also think it needs more garlic.  Other than that, this was fab.  It was so tasty and smelled divine.  It has also made some yummy leftovers.

Other than that the 4th was pretty tame.  I also made cole slaw and there were deviled eggs not much was strict paleo though beyond the pork.  Still, even non-paleos enjoyed the pork so it's proof that eating this way isn't bland :)

No comments:

Post a Comment