Friday, June 29, 2012

Day #80 of Paleo Change

So work and life in general has been busy this week.  I'm not getting to update this blog as much as I would like to.  But, having said that it's day #80 and I am still feeling great and seeing results.  I stepped on the scale this morning to see that I am down almost 33lbs since the start of this journey.  But it's not just the number on the scale that shows my progress.  I am in smaller clothes, I haven't bought any yet I'm just wearing old small clothes because I will not invest any money in clothes until I lose 50lbs and keep it off for a while. :)

I'm also still doing Bulletproof.  I didn't do it over last weekend and partook in some cake and other crappy food on Saturday and was up almost 2lbs by Monday.  It took me all week to lose that plus a little over another pound.  I need to stop sabotaging myself but I'm not blind to knowing that I still have a problem with food.  I could very easily slip back to old me if I wasn't vigilant about wanting to stay on track....even with the symptoms that comes with me eating poorly.  This is something I will probably struggle with and work on for the rest of my life I'm sure.  I know that eating this way is better for me but I also still crave and want to eat shit food.

So some observations were made this week.

  1. I can now drink my iced tea sugar free most days.  This was the shocker for me because I have never liked the taste of plain tea.
  2. Bulletproof coffee works not just for helping me lose weight but also helps keep me regular.  I didn't drink it over the weekend and had digestion issues until around Wednesday.  But after that I became regular...I did this without taking my magnesium citrate supplements this week.
  3. I really really really love squash... like I could eat it raw love.
  4. Once I start eating while on Bulletproof I can't just eat something small and expect I'll be OK.  I have to eat something substantial or I crash......very hard.  This happened yesterday.  I ate lunch a little early b/c of happenings at work my lunch was a very small salad with some shrimp on it (like 3) by 4:30pm I was so hungry I was shakey.  I went home and made dinner quick and was alright once I started eating.  But lesson learned, doing bulletproof I cannot skimp on my intake.
That's it for now, the bottom line is I still feel amazing compared to the old "slug" me that would never do stuff thru the week because it required too much energy ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment