Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Beginnings

Rather than keep adding to my growing email distribution about my paleo lifestyle I've decided to start blogging instead.  My intention is to provide all the recipes, resources, and information I've been gathering since I started this journey 10 days ago.

And with that said... in 10 days I've lost 9lbs.  This is pretty huge for multiple reasons.  1st, I'm 37 and was diagnosed with PCOS in my late 20s early 30s.  Since that time I've had a never ending struggle of fighting weight gain and weight loss.  I've tried everything out there from Atkins to Medifast to just exercising my ass off. Nothing has clicked with me like this has.

What is the Paleo Diet?  Well, I'm literally eating like a cave woman.  I'm eating meat and plants and some dairy.  However, I'm not eating just any meat or plants I am trying to eat as clean as possible and that means avoiding chemicals and processed foods any place I can.  This has not been easy, I am amazed at how many chemicals and weird things that are found in food today.  This has resulted in me making a great deal of things from scratch which I have found to be not just healthy but a stress reducer and therapeutic.  In short, I'm having a blast... I have tons of energy and my mood is better than it has been since I can remember.  That said I feel like shouting this amazing secret I've found from the highest mountain.  I am excited that it's possible to feel this good and I want to share it with my friends and family and really anyone who wants to listen to me ramble.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Leah, I edited the major typo haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. your welcome sweet one. I can attest yall that she is morphing into a light, brighter more positive (less cranky) human being. Its amazing at how much all the crap can do to your health...mind body and spirit. I am following in Nurta's footsteps...not as quickly, but im taking big steps, I just have some mental hurdles to overcome. I am waiting til finals are over to go full throttle. I am one of the lucky to be prone to Low Carb Flu. It is temporary, but I cant be in a fog feeling cruddy so close to finals. I can say Im feeling a mental clarity beginning to happen. Its amazing!

    Nurta I am so incredibly thrilled for you and feel in my heart and soul that this is an amazing path to follow.

    ReplyDelete