Wednesday, April 18, 2012

So I saw my doctor today...

And she was happy!  My blood work from Monday was there and all of my numbers were lower!  Mind you I mentioned to her that I had been reading how many feel the way cholesterol is calculated today is antiquated. She was intrigued and had never heard of paleo diet.  We had a long discussion about my health, my low numbers and my 9lbs lost.  She was concerned obviously that I had lost so much weight so fast but she also feels that for me and my conditions this is healthier than remaining in my shitty lifestyle :)

So here's my numbers:
Total 136
LDL 99
HDL 18
Triglycerides 94

Still, do these numbers like someone who has been eating tons of red meat and full fat?  It sort of breaks conventional wisdom no?  Granted I was only on paleo for 1 week when I had these tests. I go back in 6 months and my doctor wants me to email her my progress as well as some things I've read about how LDL is calculated...apparently there is some thought out there that we're doing it wrong.  So, that's good I have my doctor's buy in I feel even better about this change.

Onto dinner!
I wasn't sure what to make tonight b/c my pork tenderloin I was going to make hadn't been marinaded yet so I whipped up a breakfast frittata.

mmmm mmmm

Ingredients:

  • 6 Farm Fresh eggs
  • 4 locally made sausage patties
  • 4 white potatoes (yes potatoes are OK!)
  • about 10 heirloom cherry tomatoes
  • ~1/4 of milk/cream
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 375
  • Fry sausage patties and remove from pan
  • Peel and slice potatoes super thin and fry in the same pan as the sausage and add in your oil of choice (preferably not something made from vegetables ick!)... so like olive oil and butter or coconut oil
  • While taters are cooking cut up sausage into bit size pieces
  • Crack eggs and beat with some milk
  • add sausage and tomatoes to eggs and stir/whisk to coat
  • add potatoes to eggs when done cooking
  • pour back into your frying pan and bake in over on 375 for ~20min
Notes:
I realize not everyone has an oven friendly frying pan so uhhh I guess use a glass dish or something.  This will easily feed a family of 4 and still have left overs.  This will be my breakfast the next 2 days as well.

Tomorrow?
Pork Tenderloin that has been marinading in a bunch of crap that I didn't keep track of or write down and roasted brussel sprouts!

No comments:

Post a Comment