Saturday, April 21, 2012

I cheated a little bit last night.

I had two cheesecake stuffed chocolate covered strawberries and a tiny sliver of creme brûlée cheesecake. Neither tasted overly sweet to me and I enjoyed eating them.

However, about 30min after eating them I began feeling hungry like I hadn't just eaten all my meat and veggies. I just ignored it knowing what it was but by 2hrs later I started having acid reflux (something I haven't had in ages). The hunger pangs worsened until I finally ate some nuts.

This was enough to show me how dangerous even a little sugar and grain can be for me. Fortunately I am so utterly gung ho for changing my life it wasn't enough to bounce me off the wagon. It did reinforce for me everything I've been reading about grain and sugar's affect on our bodies...especially for someone like me that is insulin resistant.

I am more focused than ever and noticed I still lost weight today. The pace has been a steady .5-1lb per day sprint. I don't know how long I'll keep this up but I sure have alot of fat to burn so I hope it continues :)

Shelly invited me to join a 90 day challenge thing. I'm excited about that b/c it is more motivation to keep plugging along.

So now we are off to Hotel Hershey to have a good dinner with good friends. I'm feeling great about making good paleo choices :)

No comments:

Post a Comment