Sunday, April 29, 2012

What I learned this weekend

Well only down about 1lb total for the whole weekend. :( But, I think the cheating didn't help and I am not digesting my meat as fast as I used to. I might need to take something to help "things" along.

But enough about that. Mom and I scored some awesome stuff at market on Saturday and that transpired into this wonderful breakfast.


Also, I said I was going to make paleo jerky and here we go. I'm trying it. I'll let you know in 3-4hrs how it turns out :)

Lastly, I foraged for a new pair of five fingers sice my old ones were sort of meh for trekking.

It was a good but insanely fast weekend. I learned I am now completely gluten/wheat intolerant now. Drunk off 3/4 of beer and extreme heartburn after. I was miserable last night...or it could have been some of the cheesecake. Old habits die hard...things look and smell great and then I eat it and it's awful. This is going to help in the long run I know but it's going to be hard.

2 comments:

  1. Link the jerky recipe please, I'm getting sick of buying the premade turkey stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the one that I followed albeit I added stuff and didn't let it marinate for 24hrs it was more like 2. http://beta.primal-palate.com/recipe/beef-jerky/

    ReplyDelete