Thursday, May 31, 2012

Day 51!

Yep, I'm still counting them :)

So my goal last week was to hit the 25lb mark but I fell short due to unclean eating.  This week however I hit the mark and blew by it.  I stepped on the scale 5x this morning and I was at the 25.8lbs mark and probably if I'd peed it would be 26lbs!

The downside to this great news is that I checked my fasting glucose and it was 114 this morning.  The wind almost slipped out of my sails but instead I decided to convert it to motivation.  So I'm more determined than ever to march on.  Because shortly before that test I was trying on clothes again and seeing how baggy they were.  I refuse to buy new clothes until I lose beyond what I did 3yrs ago.  That is another 14lbs to be certain I'd make it an even 20.  But I'm not going to make such a large goal and instead I'm going to set small ones.  The next goal is 30lbs, then 40lbs, then 50lbs.

Most of all I am proud at how I have stuck with this.  51 days might not seem like a long time to some but to me...being such a quitter of healthy living all my life this is pretty huge.  But, it's also proof of how easy it is to eat this way and lose weight.  I've been hearing that weight loss is 80% what goes in your mouth and 20% how much activity you do.  I would say I'm proof positive of this b/c if anything my activity level is than what it was before paleo.  I don't regularly work out or go to the gym but I have more energy for household projects and yard work.  The point is you don't have to exercise yourself into a sweat puddle and lose weight you just have to watch what your stuffing in your mouth :)

No comments:

Post a Comment