Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I screwed up :(

Yesterday I drank a Belgian witbier at Iron Hill but I still had salad for lunch.  Then last night for dinner I ate some of my mom's famous green beans.  Today I woke up and found I was up 1.6lbs on the scale.  This doesn't tell the whole story though b/c I didn't drink much water yesterday if at all.  The day before I had one of my mom's biscuits.  So yeah a few slip ups and bam up in weight.

This has now caused me to get back on things even stricter than before.  Aside from the weight gain I was starving all day yesterday from the beer and beans.  My body wanted carbs.  I know this, I've experienced this, I should avoid it but I still slip up from time to time.

So today starts day 1 again.  This morning I had a half of a veggie omelet the other half will be for lunch and dinner will be burger no buns and a spinach salad.  No more bread, grains, sugar, or beans for me.


On another note I just stumbled across this on /r/paleo
http://i.imgur.com/aCu80.jpg

]Lovely33[S] 2 points  ago
"Modified from another recipe 4 medium zucchini 1/2 small onion, diced fine 1 shallot, minced 3 cloves garlic, crushed 2 T white wine 1 lb. ground beef 1 egg 1 cup chicken broth 1/4 cup almond flour 1 t paprika 1 t rosemary 1 t marjoram 1 t basil Salt/pepper 1 T olive oil Preheat oven to 400 Cut zucchini in half lengthwise, hollow it out by scoring with a knife and scrape with a spoon (leave 1/4 inch thick shells). Arrange in baking dish. Finely chop the scooped out zucchini, set aside. In a sauté pan, heat up oil and add the onion, shallot, and garlic. Add chopped zucchini and salt. Cook for about three minutes. Add wine and cook until it reduces. Add beef with some salt/pepper, cook until done and break up into small pieces. Add rest of seasonings. Mix and cook for one minute longer. Take meat and put it into a bowl to cool off in the freezer (about five minutes). When cooled, add almond flour and egg, mix well with the meat. Using a spoon, fill the hollowed zucchinis with stuffing, pressing firmly and sprinkle with some almond flour. Place broth in bottom of the baking dish (like a bath) and cover tightly with foil. Bake 35 minutes. Enjoy..they are habit-forming and good reheated."

No comments:

Post a Comment